Have you started transitioning your summer wardrobe yet? Fall is here and it’s about that time to slowly start packing away the sandals and shorts and trade em in for boots and pants. Many of us love the fall for fashion. So many options- from color to style to fit. Because the weather is right at that in between stage, it’s the perfect time to start picking which items will stay in rotation and which ones won’t make an appearance til next summer-if ever. Here’s my Top 10 items to either keep in rotation or go out and grab as you start your fall shopping.
- maykool.com 2. burkedecor.com 3. chicwish.com 4. chicwish.com 5.overstock.com 6.shoplesnouvelles.com 7. johnlewis.com 8.poshgirl.us 9. newlook.com 10. tedbaker.com
- 2-PIECE SEPARATES. This number is holding its own through the times. Just when I think I’m totally over the 2 piece sets, I see one, like ohh…now that’s cute. Take your set from summer to fall. Throw on a waist coat, some tights (maybe) and some booties and voila, you’re ready.
- PRINTED SCARF. Add instant style to any outfit with a eye-stopping printed scarf. This season, opt for bright and bold colors. I’m really loving hot pink. I just got a custom-made hot pink cotton scarf from Knits by Nikki and I. AM. IN. LOVE. Look good and keep warm with this must-have accessory.
- CHUNKY KNIT SWEATER. Of course, sweaters are necessary for the fall. Chunky knit sweaters give you intricate designs, comfort and warmth. Whether you’re in basic colors like grey, oatmeal, or black or in bold and vibrant colors, this item is definitely a staple this fall.
MIDI-SKIRTS. What’s great about this item is its length and versatility. These skirts are long enough to keep your legs warm while maintaining style. Pair your midi skirt with a sweater or a tee, dress it up or dress it down. Either way, you’ll be winning with this in your closet.
- VELVET LOAFERS. If you don’t have a pair of these, I suggest you get some, like , now. These cuties are the perfect flat for the stylish gal. The velvet gives a look of sophistication and magnificence that any modern day woman would wanna have. They can also be paired with jeans and a plain tee for something a bit more casual.
FEDORA HAT. Spice up your style with this classic shaped hat. Sure to bring a hint of sass and class to your look, keep this hat on your rack and if you don’t have one, add it to the list!
BLACK TROUSERS. Need I say more? I mean, I should’t have even added these to the list. It’s a given right, like jeans? Keep your black trousers out when packing away your summer items. They’re year round and can be worn professionally with kitten heels and a blouse or playfully with Chucks and a graphic tee. Make sure they’re a good fit and if you need to, find a great tailor.
SNEAKERS. Make sure you keep your good sneakers out this season. A girl can’t be in heels all the time, right? I love wedge sneakers. I can wear them when running errands, on a date with my dude or hanging with my girls.
LONG TEES/TUNICS. I fell in love with these this season and will be sure to add a few more to my collection. I wore some as a dress this summer but for the fall, I’ll add skinnies and leggings underneath, add a moto jacket and top the look off with my printed scarf.
- ANKLE BOOTIES. Ankle booties, because of their low height and variety of styles, are perfect with jeans and dresses. If you appreciate style and comfort, you must keep a pair of these in the line-up.
These are my Top 10 items to keep in the wardrobe game as we change seasons. What pieces are you taking into fall with you?
If you need help finding any of these items, I’d love to help. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell me your needs.
Remember the name of the game. Keep them saying, “Who’s that girl?”