If you can’t tell already, I am an 80’s baby. As time flies and I see and hear what the youngsters are up to these days, I just shake my head and reminisce on the good times. The times when we played Nintendo, wore only one backpack strap on our shoulder and watched cartoons in the morning. When our parents were ok sending us away to camp, when kids thought you were smart if you wore glasses and when we actually had no choice but to do our homework.
I dedicate this post (and this outfit) to the greatest decade ever. I managed to find a pair of Tetris print leggings! Yes! I have a Pacman pair too. I was a video game head for a while. Good memories.
Check out BuzzFeeds 50 Things Only ’80s Kids Can Understand. How many do you identify with? Here are a few I certainly remember. Love, Q
27. Always picking the banker and then having your family die on The Oregon Trail.
32. The feeling that you could totally beat the obstacle course on Double Dare.
37. The frustration of having to blow into your cartridges in order to get them to work.
44. Using the library catalog to look for a book and the frustration of not finding the index card you were looking for.
48. Getting pumped about the new school year because it meant a new Trapper Keeper.